Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ok, so tomorrow is my BIRTHDAY!!!! And Jonathan took the day off...(well football is still in the picture)... but hey better than nothin' !
WE have been so busy putting our new floors in... And I love them! We decided to do the lamanent flooring.... It was supposed to be " easy".... Easier than what?! LOL... it is a good thing Jonathan is handy! I do love everything about them. And getting carpet out from under our table has been worth any amount spent!
Jon has been working like crazy lately... the trains keep rollin' in. So... I decided to do some work myself. :) Yeah I pulled all the carpet out of our kitchen, all the padding out and hammered all the tack things out...Pretty much I smelled like a man after I was done! But my husband was pretty impressed! (Not about the smell) :) I now appreciate all the work my husband does even more! ADVISE: Carpet is super heavy... risks include: Broken back, injuries from the tack nails, cursing, screaming, smelling like a sweaty man and death.... :) Don't say I didn't warn you!
That is pretty much all that is new in our house! If any one has any tips on how to get the dang floor to snap in better... let me know! We are almost done... I will post some pictures after it is all done!!!

4 comments:

Tiff Hunt said...

Hey hombre que huelle feo {stinky man! ;), I can't wait to see all the pictures of your new house!!! I am so excited! I don't know when we are going to come to SJ again. We are the richest little poor people ever!! When we come, you, Ashley, Megan and I will have to go do something super fun! You are amazing! I can't wait to see what all the sweat, screaming and swearing did! You are so funny!

Kachelle said...

i totally agree with you on the carpet thing and your warning is perfect!! we did the same thing with our house only we put in tile and it sucked! so i hope it's easier than that!

Jody said...

I bet you were the cutest smelling man ever! =) Can't wait to see the new floors!

Jace and Cadence said...

hey i was wondering if u gave ashley my email address yet. I haven't heard from her. I would love to talk to her. thats cool that you live in sj. It is a good place to raise kids. Living in ny is really a great experience it is a way different life style over here. But its not forever so i will enjoy it while im here. Talk to you soon.