Friday, August 20, 2010

My School Kids?!

This is J.T. on his first day of Kindergarten. He was nervous and excited. He didn't want to go at
first... I on the other hand, CRIED all night before he left...lol. I was so sad but so excited as well. So, we all got up early and got ready and headed off to take J.T. to school. When I brought him into his classroom, his teacher was so kind and "excited" to see him..(which helped him a little) When I told him I had to go, he looked at me with the whitest and most sad/terrified face I have ever seen...THE LOOK...The look that said "You are leaving me alone, how could you?" But, I just told him I loved him and I would peek through the window...lol...Then went home with GIRLS?! :) I was a little sad, but... drum roll... No tears at all! I did keep checking the clock every five minutes!!
When we picked him up, I asked him how his day was and he did a little jump and said "I loved it!!" "I love school so much!" So school was a success! He still loves his teacher and looks forward to school every day!
I love this little boy sooooo much! He is so dang smart. He has recently made a friend named Kaiden. So all is well with my J.T.!


(his nervous little face before school!)


(What Avery and Evanna were doing while J.T. was gone) Ya, at least all the paint is now gone. Jonathan about freaked out when he walked in and saw them...lol!


THE REST OF THE STORY!!!
Ok, So J.T. goes to school... Well Avery cries all day, saying she wants to go to school too. I tell her no and surprisingly she says, "Don't you want me to be smart?"
I say yes
She says, "Then I need to go to school!" Well she bugged Jonathan and me all day. ALL DAY! So Jonathan says that she is five and we should send her too and see how it goes. I freak out a little and can't decide. So JOnathan goes and registers her "just in case". Well, I realized how shallow I am, because the main reason that I didn't want her to go was because she didn't have any school clothes....Ya I know! We didn't do a lot for J.T., (it is only kindergarten) But, we let him pick out a couple shirts and let him pick what he wanted to wear for the first day and tried to make it fun for him. So, I run to the store and get her an outfit until I can actually go shopping somewhere nice.
At this point I am crazy in the head. So many "what ifthis and what if that's" I asked everyone and everyone's sister if I should send her, send her to pre-school, homeschool her like I did J.T. last year, let her go to half day kindergarten both years... I am seriously surprised I did not wake up the next morning with wrinkles and grey hair. I figure if that wont do it to me, nothing will...:)
Well, we tell her no, then we tell her yes, then no....So J.T. goes to school agian and I talk to his teacher and she says we should try it! It is only half day she says and we can always pull her out. SHe makes me feel 100% better and like it's ok if she goes. It was an answer to many many prayres and blessing from my wonderful husband! So, I run her home dress her up, do her hair, snap some pictures and we run her to school.. Only 5 minutes late..lol....And she LOVES it as well!
We don't know what we are going to do later or even next month. We will let her go until she does poorly or until the Lord says otherwise. I am so thankful for prayre and for my husbands priesthood!
Jonathan and I did walk away from taking BOTH of them and only leaving with two, a little dumbfounded on what to do with only two kids! lol
I love that my kids love school! And we are getting into the swing of things. We went from homeschooling J.T. again because he is ahead and didn't want him to be bored, to sending him to school, to sending two to school. It has been crazy and exciting!
AND, I do appreciate all the good advise, but in the end I realized I was asking everyone but my intuition and my Heavenly Father. So we ended up just doing what is best for us and not what everyone thought we should do. And it is good!!!! :)

This is Avery with her teacher!




2 comments:

Clint and Tiffany said...

WOW! How crazy is that?! So are they in the same class or just both in kindergarten? How fun for them! Madi just started pre-school and so far she loves it {I've been waaaaay too busy to have that break-down boohoo moment, I hope that by the time it comes I will be used to her being in "school" {it's really just a few friends and I taking turns teaching our girls a few hours twice a week}, cuz I really don't want to cry about it just yet. I'll save it for next year when she starts Kindergarten!! :O) I bet that is SO weird for you to only have 2 at home! It's been a few years for you since THAT scenario, eh? No one thinks less of you for following your own intuition and the promptings from Heavenly Father. Good luck with it!!! And P.S., they look adorable!

Tyler and Naomi said...

How exciting for them! I am sure they will do awesome!