Friday, January 28, 2011

I am sick of my kids being SICK!!!

You know, the other day, I was talking to Jonathan and I happened to mention to him that we have been so lucky that no one has gotten sick in our family.....IMMEDIATE REGRET!!!!! I think like the next day Avery started coughing and then Evanna and then Alyvia....It has now been a few days and Lyvi is still sick right now...She wants me to hold her ALL day long...that is not a joke or me exaggerating...literlly ALL day... Luckily Avery and Evanna have been better with the coughing, although two nights in a row Avery had ear aches.... AHHH.....Thanks to some good ol' onion oil, she is better and healthy as can be....Evanna still has a runny nose but other than that is great! Lyvi on the other hand just breaks her Daddy's heart every time he sees her. Thank heavens it has only been a couple days, and today she ate well and drank well! So that is a good sign. She really does look quite pitiful....her sad tired little eyes... I HATE HAVING SICK KIDS
And, did I mention I am EXHAUSTED?! If not, I am so freaking tired... I have been up almost all night with one kid or another for the past three nights... Lucky for me, but unfortunate for Jonathan, he helps and so he is just as tired as me...Poor Jon...
I cannot wait to sleep in my bed, all night, with my husband, and without any kids waking up or getting in our bed!! Some parents are adamant about NO KIDS IN OUR BED! But after being up so much and being so DANG tired, I didn't give a hoot if all of them were in my bed, as long as I could get in a few minutes of sleep!(Thank heaven's for KING size beds...lol)
Enough complaining i suppose....I have so many good things that I should try to mention those too...lol..... I am thankful my kids RARELY get sick....between eating healthy and vitamin C we have lucked out quite a lot! I am thankful that my babies and kids have always slept through the night...I cannot imagine what it would be like to have a baby up all night! Poor sleep deprived mothers! I can handle a few nights I guess! I am thankful that my husband was home by the time they got sick! (He was gone the week before, work related, and we all missed him SO much!) Come to think of it, I think the four days he was gone was the longest we have ever been away from each other since being married! I know, LAME! lol... I don't know how people do it being away from each other! I can tell you something though, We would not have had as many children so quickly if Jonathan had a job where he was gone for long periods of time! So in essence I am grateful for his job and could not do it without him!
When I look at it that way I am SPOILED! I guess life isn't so bad after all.... :)

3 comments:

Tyler and Naomi said...

Sick kids are the worst. I am glad everyone is on the mend! And aren't you due to be expecting another kid soon? lol

Clint and Tiffany said...

Yeah, come on spoiled girly! LOL I'm SO sorry! Sick kids make life SO hard, and you can't really be upset cuz it's no one's fault and that just kinda makes it worse that there's no one to blame for all the misery! However, I DO love all the snuggle time you get when they're sick. :O) Silver lining, right?

Patrick and Lacey said...

Rachel I love you. how do you use a blog? how do i add and follow people?